May 16, 2017 by Kanah Ndiaye
By: Kanah Ndiaye /Inglewood, CA
As my senior year is coming to an end and Juniors are patiently waiting to hold the title of a Senior, here is some advise on what to do and what not to do in your upcoming senior year.
Make Sure to:
- Sign up for your SAT and ACT in your junior year and take them so you can take the second one fall of senior year. (Take both SAT and ACT at least twice. )
- Sign up for at least 1 AP classes (if you haven’t taken one before) so it will look good to colleges
- Have an idea of your college major going into senior year.
- Make a list(if you haven’t already ) of colleges and universities you want to attend.
- Apply to colleges on time.
- Apply to FAFSA.
- Follow up and connect with college advisers.
- Keep your grades up to par.
Things Not to do
1.DO NOT Skip class- you might miss important information such as homework or announcement. 2. Just because you did good in 1st semester doesn’t mean 2nd semester wont count, so don’t slack off. 3. Don’t forget to study-keep up on your assignments. 4.DO NOT fall for ”Senioritis “-Do not let yourself get emotionally and physically drained and lazy in school.
This advise will hopefully stick with you new seniors throughout your senior year.