Leave a comment
May 16, 2017 by yungmarss
Maritza Garcia / City Honors High School
May 5, 2017
Here’s some advice from me for your year ahead.
- Get to know yourself. Throughout this whole application
- Create a list of your target, dream, and safe colleges by August of your Junior year. This will serve as a solid foundation to build upon if necessary.
- You need to find resources to gather information about your schools and get to know where you will spend four years of your life.
- In the summer, acquaint yourself with the Common Application, you’re going to be using it so might as well start getting a head start to know the application where YOUR future stands. You need to see what essays are required for your application and if a college doesn’t accept the common app, go on their website to find the application ahead of time.
- Ask for letters of recommendation your Junior year. Make sure the letters are from teachers that appreciate and value you.
- BE ORGANIZED! You are supposed to keep track of all the information colleges will send you, keep track of you FAFSA. There is going to be many deadlines you need to follow through.
- Always check your e-mail! Schools will need more information from you, so keep track of it, even your junk mail!
- Take a deep breathe. GOOD LUCK!