May 25, 2017 by adrianna4454
by Adrianna Solomon / inglewood, CA
In the recent years, Young Adult novels have been adapted into movies or TV shows by the dozen. From the Twilight Saga to Thirteen Reasons Why, adaptions has turned into the new Hollywood craze. Below is a list of stories that definitely need to be on a movie or TV screen soon!
- Looking For Alaska by John Green : This novel still has fans across the globe reeling from its brutal portrayal of the troubles of Alaska Young.
- Matched Series by Allie Condie : Young adults swooned over this novel about a dystopian society that literally matches you with your soulmate for life.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell : What young adult can’t relate to the bubbly protagonist of this novel who practically fangirls for a living.
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green : A movie about a guy falling in love with a plethora of Katherines, that’s what you’d be watching.
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler : This movie is a necessity (!!!) because it divulges in the relationship between best friends after death changes them forever.
- Radiance by Alyson Noel : A movie based on this novel would be perfect; showing afterlife in a whole new way.
- The Sisters Grimm Series by Michael Buckley : My personal favorite, a movie series based on this novel would be legendary! Full of fantasy and a deep-rooted familial bond woven into each of these books (there’s 8).