May 21, 2018 by kianaschronicles
By Chinyere Osuigwe & Kiana Hunter/ Inglewood, Ca
The Kilauea Volcano erupted on Hawaii’s Big Island, and has destroyed at least thirty homes. Almost two-thousand residents of Leilani Estates and Lanipuna Gardens have been ordered to evacuate their neighborhoods, where 12 fissures have opened and unleashed hazardous fumes and flowing lava that can not be stopped.
The Salvation Army is providing hydration and meals at Pahoa community. But what we could do, helping as a unit could donate directly to their volcano disaster relief efforts on Hawaii Island by calling 1-808-756-0306.
According to Hawaii’s own news website, http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/38119223/heres-how-you-can-donate-to-those-impacted-by-the-kilauea-eruption
You can also help in the following ways:
- AT&T text-to-donate campaign for the eruptions in Puna
- Donate $10 to the Hawaii Community Foundation by texting “VOLCANO” to 50555
- American Red Cross Hawaii Chapter by calling (808) 739- 8109 or their website
- A GoFundMe pages are also available such as www.gofundme.com/cause/hawaii-volcano
- The Hawaiian Island Volcano Recovery Fund via internet: https://www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/volcanorecovery
- Aloha Hawaii Fund takes monetary donations with over 61 branches in Hawaii, Guam, and Saipan ( you’ll have to find your local branch)
- Donations of food and even bottled water can be delivered to the Hawaii Island’s Food Bank or called Food Basket
You can additionally start a campaign of your own through social media, or create your own physical organization. The possibilities are endless, and your help at any level is what Hawaii needs!